Courage of Goan Women - Final Presentation

Due to the Covid-19 virus, our school is holding the student Final Presentations online. This is the process of taking an aspect of, guiding question, or project we did in our classes and exploring it. We develop our own creative presentation of information that explores our own guiding question. I had done an action project in Equality about Goa, India and its fight for Independence from Portuguese rule. When I had completed it, I felt it wasn't complete. I realized that the information mostly depicted men fighting for freedom, and I knew there were definitely women freedom fighters as well. Why they weren't mentioned was what I wanted to dig into as well. Basically, I created a 'sequel' to my textbook action project on Goa and focused on the women's experience. This answers the question "How do you tell history?" or perhaps, "How do you retell history?". I was stuck between these two questions, but I have settled with "retell" because I am retelling the fight for freedom but through the eyes of the women. I also answered how to "tell" history because it doesn't just have to be done in textbook format. I created a snippet of a 'graphic novel' format interpretation. So here I present my graphic info book:



Comments

Popular Posts